It takes a Free man to set a man Free!

It takes a Free man to set a man Free!

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

~A Page is Turned~


Many people starting to hear the news that I have been hinting around about for the last few weeks. It's official as of this past weekend however I am guessing the larger announcement may not be made until this weekend. Over the the past many weeks and even month Debbie and I have been praying about what's next in our lives. Back in November we felt God calling us to a new ministry in our area. So with much prayer and seeking His face over that time. God has opened doors for us in great ways over the past two weeks. God has been doing a great work in our lives and it has come that He is driving us to a place of much networking, new ministry outreach and even to the next chapter in our lives. Many times over the years God has turned the page of life and started a new life for us. So what does all this mean. Well it mean just that we start a new chapter in our lives. I officially resigned from Pineora (PBC) Sunday Jan 8' 2012 as their Pastor of Students. And I will be ending my next few weeks with the students being my last day on Sunday Jan 22' 2012. This has not been anything new or even a shock to what God is doing in our lives. This has been something that we have been praying over for a while now and been in fellowship with some of our past pastors and leadership who have given us wisdom on this calling.
With all that said what does this mean for our next chapter of life here in Guyton, GA.
We will be staying where we are and will not be moving anywhere - God has been called us to this area and we love it here. We feel over the next few months and year God will be doing a great work in us and will be ministering to the people of this area.
God has blessed Debbie with a great job in Savannah, GA and I am just blown away at what He has opened for her. Great paying job, benefits, and even a company van.
As far as myself God has also blown me away by blessing me with a great ministry job that is two-fold. I will be working with Lifeway Resources out of the Savannah GA. God has even lined up great in home childcare for both Emily and Ethan over the past week and I just can't wait to see what more God is going to do in our lives this year. When God says go we go! This is a great step for me, not just as this will be the most Debbie and I have ever made, but will be a great way for me to network and enjoy doing what I do. Don't get me wrong I love student ministry however God has been working in my heart of the past few months that my role in student ministry is coming to an end. This is not an end to my ministry but just the next chapter for my ministry. 11 years of full-time student ministry now to the next 11 years of my new ministry God is laying out in my life. May it be getting deeper into the Church Consulting or even into planting a new Church in the area. Thank you Lord providing great things!!!

In His Grip,
Pastor J