It takes a Free man to set a man Free!

It takes a Free man to set a man Free!

Thursday, January 17, 2013

~Loving Puking People~

While spending some time last night with my Spark boys during AWANA and speaking with a few church members I came across these two facts. One being as a pastor people like to randomly "Puke" on me. Now I don't mean that be in a rude or even negative way. I mean "puke" as in simply spilling all your cares and troubles on one person. Now this is something over time I have learned to handle and deal with, It seems to be part of the role we carry as pastors. I have been more then blessed to have Christ and the Holy Spirit be able to give me the know how, the right words to say when this happens. I don't feel any college or school can cover some of the things that you are faced with by the people you meet. I find this more funny then anything else really. The fact that people learn you are a pastor so they feel they need to tell you everything about life. At times I feel like I am a church confession box or Psychiatrist. It shocks me at what people will tell me in the first 5 mins of meeting me. Now I don't really mind and over the years I have learn to listen and let the Holy Spirit guide my heart and tongue, Trust me there are at times where you just want to shake the person and go "ARE YOU CRAZY" however I know that's not always the wisest thing to say nor do. I can imagine that Jesus had a lot of people who randomly "puke" all over Him. I have found over time that most people just want someone to listen to them without feeling they would be judged.
 "For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve,
and to give his life as a ransom for many.”
-
Mark 10:45
 The next fact I have learned and I seem to be reminded here and there is I love people. Even with as crazy as some are and no matter what people have to say. I love people! Now yes there are a few people out there I do not enjoy being around and as much as I try I just can't seem to engage in to convention I care for. However under the mask that most people will carry and wear and set aside the outter skin that shields their true self people are over all are Amazing! I am not really sure where Loving people is any of the known spiritual gifts we talk about today but again isn't it the greatest Gift of All? Its one thing to have to love someone because we are told to however its another to love them because you want to. Could that have been what he meant when he said "Love your neighbor as yourself", Maybe. Sounds like a good word and heart study there for you to check out. When was the last time you prayed "Lord give me a heart to want to love people" Its more powerful then one would know.           
"You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul,
all your strength, and all your mind. And, Love your neighbor as yourself."
-Luke 10:27

In His Grip,
Pastor J