It takes a Free man to set a man Free!

It takes a Free man to set a man Free!

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Books, Books, and More Books!

Over time I will give a book review or two however I have been stuck over the past few months reading and re-reading a few books. I like to take time to get deep into the text and not just read over the words but let them dig into my mind and heart. Most of the time I can read a book and be done with it however the past few books I have picked up have been ones I can't seem to put down. I am sure some time over the next few years they will be put into a sermon text or something. So here are 3 books I am currently reading if not re-reading for that matter. The first one in my list is a Perry Stone book called Opening the Gates of Heaven. The main text speaks on walking in and under the favor of God. I have joined his books in the past and found it a blessing to have met him while working at the TV studio a few years back. The next book I picked up has be a life changer to me over the past year. The Circle Maker by Mark Batterson. I could say so much about this book however in short its about drawing prayer circles around dreams and being bold enough to pray like never before. I will post a much longer post on this book as well as the last book currently on my list called Lessons from a Venetian Vinedresser by Robert Scott Stiner and I was blessed to have it signed by Robert a few years back. Again in short the book is based off Jesus saying, "I am the vine, you are the branches, and My Father is the vinedresser." It gets into the detail job and actions of what a vinedresser is and how powerful the actions of one person are to the life of a vineyard. Just shows how Great our God really is! So that's few a few books I am currently reading. My hope is this year I would be able to read more books then I have been able to in the past few years. I hope in time I will be able to use a Kindle or iPad to be able to read some more books in the coming year. However I am a fan of marking and highlighting everything so not sure how much those devices would work for me.

In His Grip,
 Pastor J