It takes a Free man to set a man Free!

It takes a Free man to set a man Free!

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Back to the Future... Really?!?!

I am a big fan of Back to the future. While surfing Facebook today at lunch I came across this photo and I started to put my mind at work... From what I remember this was not the date I remember from the movie. So I did some search and sure thing I found the following: 

"If somebody tells you it's the day that Marty McFly and Doc Brown time traveled to in "Back to the Future Part II," better check the tape. Or, here in the future, the DVD.

Some Internet users were fooled Wednesday by an image that claimed to show June 27, 2012, as the futuristic date the characters played by Michael J. Fox and Christopher Lloyd were whisked to in their souped-up, flux capacitor-powered Delorean time machine. Not so.

In Robert Zemeckis' 1989 sequel, the characters are transported 30 years into the future, from Oct. 26, 1985 to Oct. 21, 2015. Sorry, "BTTF" fans, but the magic date is still more than three years away.

An apparently doctored image with the "Oct. 21, 2015" changed to "June 27, 2012" raced across Facebook, Twitter and other sites Wednesday, fooling some users."