It takes a Free man to set a man Free!

It takes a Free man to set a man Free!

Monday, October 31, 2011

Monday morning Coffee!


So after a long week of being sick I am back in the game of life back doing my day to day things. With having to take a week off and being in bed about 90% of the time I did alot of thinking. Thinking about God's people and how no matter how hard you try only Christ can change the heart of the man. I have been reading in Act over this past month and the main theme I have come to is when there is ministry for Christ there is persecution. Oh how I have lived this many many times over the years. A pastor friend of mine reminded me this week Romans 12:12; "Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer." Oh how it's hard to be patient in any tribulation. But once again as years past and many time before I keep moving forword. I have learn over time that there is always victory after a time of tribulation and I am starting to remind myself that daily. Well I am off to start on my mile long today list. But I leave with sharing a post from Debbie's blog this morning that I felt was a great reminder to what and who Christ has called us to be.
Someone Doesn't Like Me by Cecil Murphey
Across the street lives a neighbor with whom I had a minor run-in last year. Since
then, she doesn't "see" me when we pass each other in the neighborhood. If her
husband stops to talk to me, she keeps walking. She doesn't like me and
probably never will. I figured out long ago that there will always be a few
people who probably won't ever like me.That's true with all of us: Some
people don't like us. Won't like us. Ever. Often we don't know the
reason. I've tried to engage her in conversation and
several times I gave her plants from our garden, but she hasn't warmed up to
me. I recently admitted that regardless of anything I do, she'll probably
continue to have no use for me. Years ago I began to pray for
individuals who disliked me or spoke against me. I prayed for God to repay them
for their sins and their hardness of heart. That was self-righteous, indignant
praying, and I no longer pray that way. To my neighbor I owe
thanks for helping me to change my attitude. I pray good things for her every
day. I expect no change, not even a friendly smile. From that situation,
I understood something significant for me. First, those don't-like-me
individuals push me toward self-examination. I honestly search my heart to
figure out if I'm guilty of wrongdoing toward them. Most of the time, no answer
comes. (When it does, I apologize.) Second, whenever my
neighbor walks down the street, I see her slumped shoulders and the lack of joy
on her face. I don't know much about her and I don't ask other neighbors. I
simply believe that she must be an unhappy woman. Each day and each time
I see her, I pray for God to fill her with peace and joy. Maybe
God will answer my prayer.
I read this one before when Debbie shared this story and I am thankful again for what a great reminder to how true this story really is. So I pray the same for all those people who lack joy, and may the Lord give fill them with compassion and love like they have never seen before.
In His Grip,
Pastor J