It takes a Free man to set a man Free!

It takes a Free man to set a man Free!

Friday, January 15, 2010

~A another view of Christ~

Here is a story I have been telling for years. I was looking back on my sermon notes and found it again.. It was a great reminder finding it again.
One day, a man went to visit a church. He got there early, parked his car, and got out. Another car pulled up near and the driver got out and said, "I always park there! You took my place!"
The visitor went inside for Sunday School, found an empty seat and sat down. A young lady from the church approached him and stated, "That's my seat! You took my place!"
The visitor was somewhat distressed by this rude welcome, but said nothing. After Sunday School, the visitor went into the sanctuary and sat down. Another member walked up to him and said, "That's where I always sit! You took my place!" The visitor was even more troubled by this treatment, but still He said nothing. Later as the congregation was praying for Christ to dwell among them, the visitor stood up, and his appearance began to change. Horrible scars became visible on his hands and on his sandaled feet. Someone from the congregation noticed him and called out, "What happened to you?" The visitor replied, as his hat became a crown of thorns, and a tear fell from his eye, "I took your place.
I hope it makes us think.... I think pastors even miss this a lot in today's churches. It's hard to take it sometimes but it is true... I walk into so many churches and I see this is a big issue. Take it to heart! One good book I found over my years in ministry is one called "How can you worship to a homeless man on Sunday and ignore him on Monday??"
Even doing this blog post I wanted to find a picture that went along with this story and while I was looking I stopped at this picture of this homeless man... Wow what a cool idea for a picture of Christ.... What about the last picture??? What do you think? How do you view Jesus Christ?

In His Grip,

Jonathan