It takes a Free man to set a man Free!

It takes a Free man to set a man Free!

Sunday, September 14, 2014

~Fresh Beginnings~

A Fresh start...You will notice that it’s been one year from my last post. You will also notice a lot of changes to this site as well as new domain name. This is due to a new focus of where I hope to take this blog. For the past many years this site has become one for church and ministry leaders and follow pastors. It’s been a place of training, discipleship, encouragement and place of healing for leaders facing the hardships of ministry and life. Well after many months of praying and seeking a new direction for this site and blog. It’s time to embark on this new journey and chapter in life. Over the past year we have had a lot of changes from leaving our friends, church family, places of ministry and employment and setting off across the state to a new place of ministry, met new friends, tried to settle into a new environment. It has had both its challenges and blessings, its ups and downs. But more importantly I think we as a family have grown in Christ. I hope at some point I am able to share some of those challenges and blessings during this new chapter in this blog.
                Why the new domain name? Well it’s not a new name at all. The original name for this blog was “Southern Coffee”. After a few years of blogging I wanted to come up with a name that was outside of the box but still kept to who I was as a person. So I changed the name to “Southern Kafes” as the Greek word for coffee is Kafes. The Name comes from this: “Southern” as I am from the South and a Southern at heart, “Coffee” as I love Coffee with a passion. And “Kafes” as I am Greek by tradition. I wanted to bring this back this title as its best fitting to what I want this site to become, a place of random ramblings. Please note I am not leaving ministry nor my call as a pastor but instead digging deeper into my call as a Shepard and Missionary to my country and community. I think this will become clearer over time. It’s hard to tell what the whole picture is when I myself only have a snapshot of it. Many things during this journey are uncertain however I do know my strength in Christ and pea size Faith will get me through to His coming Promises.

                The Old and New! You may be a new reader to this Blog and I welcome you. You may be a past reader and came here hoping for some encouragement or for a new ministry training post. I understand and do hope that maybe want is say at times will be able to encourage you and maybe something I say at some point will be able to bless you in your ministry however at this time this blog is about me and for me. It’s where I can focus on my journey and walk in Christ. It’s where I can come meet with The Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit and we can have a party. It’s where I can allow my words to go unjudged by the world. If you do wish to follow this blog with all this understood please know it’s my hope I am able to keep updated however due to life happening I may not always update daily, But will try to post at least once a week or more. If you are looking for ministry posts and encouragement only feel free to get out my Twitter account instead.